Limited time sale, half off the mosaic class, no coupon code needed ~enjoy!
Welcome to my online stained glass mosaic class!
My method of creating mosaics brings a fun, contemporary approach to this ancient art form by using lots of free form cuts and random bits to create a beautiful, organic design almost like painting with glass! It's going to be a lot of fun, I hope you'll join me! Video below.
What do I need?
The amount of glass needed will depend on the size you would like to create. If you are just starting out, watching the videos first and referencing the supply list will guide you to exactly what you need to get started and if you currently create mosaics, you probably have all you need on hand.
The absolute basics you will need include
- A device that can download and save a PDF for continued access to the links and a device that can handle playback of high definition videos.
- Click--> Vimeo to see supported browsers and versions for playback.
- Mosaic glass nipper, $17 and up on Amazon. I also use an oiled glass scorer/cutter in the class but it's not absolutely necessary.
- Weldbond glue $8 and up on Amazon
- Substrate to mosaic on. I go over the different types in the class but you may have something on hand like a smooth piece of wood.
- Stained glass, amounts will vary. A search for "scrap glass" on places like Amazon, Ebay, Etsy, etc. can give you lots of variety without a huge cost for multiple colors of glass. If you have a Hobby Lobby craft store, they sell sheets of precut glass or you may have a stained glass store near you.
- Grout, $15+ at home improvement stores
What's included? A PDF file with a supply list, along with a private link and password to watch the videos on Vimeo (a video sharing platform). There are 12 videos and over 3 hours of footage. You can join in anytime and watch at your own pace. I start by taking you through the tools, supplies and glass cutting, and we move on to designing, creating, grouting and putting the finishing touches your mosaic. You will follow my creative process every step of the way of creating a colorful, freeform flower bouquet. These techniques can be used to create mosaics in unlimited designs, not just flowers. There is also a bonus video for creating a mini sized flower mosaic.
How does this online class work? Within a few minutes after your purchase you will receive a PDF by email that contains the link and password to the videos, supplies list and a link to join the private Facebook group. *Important* you will need to download and save the PDF to your computer or device. If you continue to click the video link in the PDF through the email, the link will eventually time out and won't allow you to access. If that happens, no problem, just email me and I will send you the Vimeo link by email.
Is this for beginners or advanced students? Both! If you are new to mosaic art or just curious what it's all about, watching the videos will give you a first hand look as I guide you through the tools, glass, substrates, grouting and more so you can feel confident creating your own designs. If you already work with mosaics, I think you will find lots of tips and inspiration as well.
Can I share the class and links? I will kindly request that you keep the links and password to yourself or members of your household. Help support and uplift a fellow artist by encouraging friends to purchase the class on their own. Thank you!
How long will the link/password be valid for this class? At least a year, probably longer.
Private Facebook group Your PDF also includes the link to access a private Lucy Designs Online Mosaic Class Facebook group where you can receive support, ask questions, share your progress and interact with others who have taken the class.